Friday, February 5, 2010

The Espresso Room

Wow, take this literally. The Espresso Room, is just that, a little room devoted to coffee. A very little room. Impressively small actually. Now I know that's many ways to say The Espresso Room, was small but you get my point. I take a photo from the front as I approach, but I genuinely feel imposing with a camera inside. So I tuck it away quietly in my bag and take two steps towards the counter. I am also impressed as I enter, to hear an English guy (evidently the owner) reprimanding a barista in training for the sound of her milk. I already like this guy. He proceeds to tell me about the beans he has available to purchase and where they come from. I am impressed again to find such a selection of good coffee coming out of such a tiny room. I order myself a flat white to go, there is a guy reading and relaxing on one of the 3 benches provided and he looks like he has been there a while, another good sign.
I sit outside and begin to enjoy a delicious coffee and watch the human traffic pass from the hospital across the road.
The A frame black board outside informs me that “coffeeness + cakeyness = happiness” and by the looks of the perfectly placed treats inside, I tend to agree. I like this little room. I fear the location is lost on me, however, the hospital staff and visitors I believe would be grateful for The Espresso Room's very close proximity. The coffee is great I must say. Another cafe using square mile roasters coffee in London. The perfection of my milk is appreciated and I enjoy my first flat white for the day very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment