Thursday, August 4, 2011

Ghin Kopi - Windsor



Sawat dee!

That's Hello in Thai!
This funky place is no ordinary Thai restaurant. Right across the road from the Windsor train station on Chapel Street. It is in the heart of our cafe culture right here in Melbourne. I've visited this funky restaurant a couple of times now and find myself at home listening to the good tunes and ordering my coffee. The front half of the restaurant boasts floor to ceiling windows that showcase its prime corner location to the world passing by. Fantastic grand light fixtures and features throughout the dining section behind me cast a warm glow on an otherwise grey day. There is also a function room upstairs that has a view right down the guts of Chapel St. Awesome place to be for breakfast, lunch, dinner or an espresso fix like I am today.

My flat white, as you can see (or hear even), is calling my name and is inevitably a pleasing cup of coffee. It doesn't last long, gone in minutes! I would have liked it a little hotter, perhaps. I finish with a nice round espresso, extracted by my attentive barista Billy! He is a great host and adds to the fantastic atmosphere at Ghin Kopi!

Ghin Kopi serves Genovese Coffee with a Mazzer grinder and classic Wega 3 group machine and also serve breakfast, lunch and Thai food from 5pm 7 days per week.
58 Chapel St, Windsor.

No comments:

Post a Comment