Thursday, October 14, 2010

Three Bags Full - Abbotsford




Rocking a slick stirling Synesso and matching Mazzers all round….the vibe of this place is best kept hidden in the residential/commercial Abbotsford area where only those that know it visit, or those that want to know find it. Sneaky as they are they may be, they also brew various drip options by way of the Clover and a classic pour over cup version, which although I haven’t tried on this visit, I will endeavor to return for. From a near approach of Three Bags Full, its hard to ignore the style in which they have presented to us. Old road signs turned into well designed tables and chairs, the yellow and black theme permeates throughout the cafe from furniture to pepper grinders. Two kick ass barista’s working hard and after some slight suspense, a flat white worth waiting for arrives. Upon my genuine interest in the coffee and my approach to said Barista, the spring espresso is served to me, black, fast and hot, along with an ipad supporting coffee notes on all and any of the blends and single origins that are on offer here.

The spring espresso is a light and bright blend of Columbian and Kenyan (my favourite) sun dried beans complimented by a perfect extraction of 20mls presented to me as a delicious golden syrup in a black and white ceramic cup. The sweetness of such a ballsy espresso surprises and delights me and I am left with no choice but to walk out with a bag of beans of my own. Have heard about you guys before, it turns out the word on the street has sorely underestimated you even though I have heard nothing but rave reviews. Three Bags and Three Beans Full.

No comments:

Post a Comment