Saturday, September 4, 2010

Capri





Capri is like an escape. A little island of the coast of Napoli that you can reach by ferry all day long. I went in search of sun, food and relaxation. The further I go south the more I feel like I am on holiday instead of that I am travelling. Because I assure you they are two very different feelings.

I took time here to slow down, and to stop. I took in every smell and taste and really let myself relax. It is a beautiful little island. I took the cable car accross to the centre of the island and then walked all the way down to the beaches on the other side. Such a different sight again, to see pebbles on the beach! No sand. Blows the mind. All through Italy you pay to use the beaches. You can pay 20Euros or more just to get on to a beach, and then to find pebbles! However the view and the water and the sun are worth every last cent and more. I endured a whole day of such fabulous relaxation and had a traditional pizza for lunch. Napoli is where pizza was first made and there for I am on a strict pizza diet whilst I am here especially.
I leave for Sorrento next and I know it can only get better!

No comments:

Post a Comment