Sunday, September 5, 2010

Home!




22 months later and I've come all the way back home. Perth. Such a strange feeling to be coming home. It's one of those times where the thought crosses your mind, "I'm never going to experience this again." Nothing can replicate travelling and living overseas and finally coming home to that feeling. For those of you who know, I'll just sigh.
I'm greeted by my very excited family at the airport, My Mum, My Dad and My Sister all in one go which was strange enough as it is. Quickly whisked away to drive back with Mum to York. About an hour inland from Perth to a small town outside of the city to just slow down and ease myself back into civilisation. I am really grateful for this and especially for Mum's cooking! I've always claimed I make the second best poached eggs on toast and that is second to my Mum. Farm fresh eggs, first day back. It's great to be home.
We went out for lunch to The York Mill cafe and it all comes rushing back. Australian food, good coffee and one thing I had forgotten was how good our ice coffee's are! Mmmmm. Mum happens to be heading off to Italy herself this week (of course) and she has decided to start trying espresso's after her meals so she can be ready for them in Italy. Turns out she is not quite ready yet but I assure her, you haven't had an espresso until you've had it in Italy.
Soon I'll be heading back to Melbourne where it is all waiting for me. Back on the tools, I start work almost as soon as I arrive and I am so excited to be making great coffee, again.

No comments:

Post a Comment